Companies are usually started for one or more of the following reasons:
1. Customer: The founder sees people’s unmet needs.
2. Industry: The founder has a passion or love for an industry.
3. Greater Cause: The company serves a cause that is greater than the organization.
4. Community: The company is founded to make a specific geographic place better.
5. Employees: The company gives people the opportunity to excel and prosper.
6. Wealth: The company makes money.
Even companies in the same industry can exist for different reasons. Understanding why Elliott Homes exists helps our individual ability to make decisions that go far beyond just building homes.
Fifty percent of our waking lives will be spent working. As depressing as that statistic sounds to some, many look forward to their work. They get their life’s purpose from it. How? By ensuring they have a job that aligns with what they want to achieve in life.
In 2010, Elliott Homes was formed for a very specific reason. We called it “a sense of place.” It was a place people couldn’t wait to come home to. Created just for them to re-energize and be proud of. A shower that lifted their creativity, a kitchen that screamed experience, an outdoor living space that allowed them to build authentic, healthy memories. It was quality that neighbors happily welcomed as it improved their lifestyle by upholding their values. At that time, the purpose was written as “Building Quality of Life” and focused on community, professionalism and real meaning in the world. While the team behind this vision lived their purpose through learning, growing and serving.
But why home building?
The largest investment many will make in their lifetime is their home. It’s where most of their memories are created and the most significant industry for job creation. Taking on such a vital role in peoples’ lives is a large responsibility, and aligned toward the purpose behind the company.
Today Elliott Homes exists for the same reason it did the day we started. However, it is now supported by leaders who have better communicated its purpose:
“Creating A Place Where Life Gets Better”
– It’s growing a team of professionals who find meaning in learning and helping the world grow.
– It’s guiding consumers through an experience that points to a lifestyle they thrive in.
– It means helping trade partners achieve their business dreams while adopting our standards.
– Most importantly, it means building a sustainable community, a lasting lifestyle that people value. One that attracts growth to the amazing markets we contribute to.
Purpose is a never-ending pursuit toward positive change.
That is why Elliott Homes exists.
It’s about so much more than just another house.
It’s building a better future.