We have all lived and felt the effects of COVID on our personal and work lives. It has propelled the world into the future. What would have become our daily lives in 2025, we are now seeing in 2020. The biggest shift is the obvious: technology.
The word technology will be an opportunity for some and a silver stake for others. It will take looking at how we do things in a different way. From working in the process to working on the process.
When change must occur, training a resourceful person with no experience is faster then one with experience. Why? Because experience must first unlearn what is tested and true prior to buying into a new way. This technological shift will be won by those who are open to the change. Many will fight it and hold the line as long as they can. They will fall behind while the those who ride the wave and embrace this mental shift will thrive.
So how do we ensure we stay out of the “this is what worked in the past” mentality? On the top of this page is our innovation wall. On this wall are some key words that point us toward this shift.
1. Own Your Role: Remove hierarchy and communicate feedback to everyone. Focus on the results not emotions. Push forward daily and don’t wait. The wrong direction is better than no direction.
2. See Past the Horizon: Our Horizon is our experience. Embrace the emotions that go with being in uncharted territory. They are a positive.
3. Core Value: Embrace Purpose-Driven Innovation. Be bold, and don’t be scared to fail. Look daily for ways that allow us to “Create A Place Where Life Gets Better.”
4. Core Value: The Day We Stop Learning We Cease to Exist. This sounds extreme but is literally true. The second we have all the answers, the world is passing us by.
5. Be Solution Minded: Our most memorable moments come from achievement. Enjoy the experience of brainstorming and solving problems. When our solutions change the world, it fills our soul with purpose.
6. Listen to Learn: We often listen to respond. Don’t. Having all the answers actually gets you and the people you’re talking to nowhere. Life carries more meaning when we open our minds to it.
7. Conflict Builds Character, and Crisis Defines It: We are all built off our challenges, not our successes. Understanding this turns a challenge from a headache to an opportunity.
Choose to enjoy these years, for they will go down in history. 2020 will be talked about forever. Be thankful we get to be apart of the HUGE positive shift.
and, da da da daaaaaaaaaaaaaa…………. have a powerful week